Today I visited Siam Country Club with the president of the TGCSA for a planning meeting to discuss next year's conference, to be held 11 to 13 March at Pattaya. We are really excited about the 2013 conference, and full details and registration information will be coming in September. Some of the topics we discussed today and that we plan to include in the conference are:
- more hands-on demonstrations of the latest turf products and equipment
- a special session on the rules of golf led by The R&A
- a more streamlined field day, with less bus travel, more shade, the option to play golf, and the chance to see a new golf course under construction
- topics for the classroom seminars specially chosen based on delegate feedback forms
- speakers from Australia, Thailand, and the United States will teach about effective maintenance techniques, plant nutrient requirements and fertilizers, irrigation, recovery from the floods that damaged so many courses near Bangkok in 2011, turf performance standards and what it takes to achieve them, and what equipment is required and how to use it to get the desired results on the course
At the 2012 conference we welcomed 197 delegates from 20 countries. In 2013, we look forward to welcoming even more golf course superintendents, turfgrass managers, club managers, and other industry friends to this premier educational event. Sustainable Turfgrass Management in Asia 2013 is organized by the TGCSA and ATC on behalf of the Thailand Golf Association, with support from The R&A.