It was another fun conference in Thailand, as the TGCSA welcomed 283 delegates from 24 countries to Pattaya for the Sustainable Turfgrass Management in Asia 2016 conference. This conference is organized by the TGCSA and ATC for the TGA, with support from the R&A.
Presentation slides from this year's conference (and previous years) are available for download.
Boy Yothin took hundreds of photos from the conference, field day, and AGIF turfgrass management exhibition and made them available in this Facebook album. A few of his photos from the conference are shown below.
There are a lot of seminars happening in Asia in early March. Two new events are available this year, one in China and another in Thailand. These are The R&A Seminar on Sustainable Golf Course Design, Renovation and Maintenance in Asia.
The R&A is to host a free to attend seminar in China that promotes responsible and practical approaches to golf course design, renovation and maintenance - highlighting the ongoing work of the industry in raising the expectations for golf. This seminar will provide the most comprehensive sustainable education event in Asia across golf developments, renovations and course management.
The R&A Seminar on Sustainable Golf Course Design, Renovation and Maintenance in Asia will be held in Beijing on 3 and 4 March, as part of the China Golf Show at the National Convention Centre.
The second is on March 10 in Thailand, focusing on "golf developments, renovations and course management."
The R&A Seminar on Sustainable Golf Course Design, Renovation and Maintenance in Asia will be held at the Amata Spring Country Club on 10 March.
Both seminars are free to attend.
More information and registration for the China seminar is here: registration closes on February 26.
Details and registration for the Thailand seminar are here: registration closes on March 4.
We are excited to share the details of the Sustainable Turfgrass Management in Asia 2016 conference, coming up on 7 to 9 March at Pattaya, Thailand.
These photos from Boy Yothin and the Thai GCSA capture all of the conference. Some of the highlights this year included:
- a record attendance of 293 people
- excellent seminars at the Amari Pattaya taught by our speakers from the USA, Scotland, China, Malaysia, Thailand, and Philippines, with all handouts and presentations available for download at this link
- the Asian Turfgrass Field Day on a sunny morning at the Siam CC Waterside course, with on course demonstrations of the principles taught in the classroom seminars
- the AGIF Turfgrass Management Exposition at Laem Chabang, with equipment and product demonstrations and networking
- great food and fun social events
Here are a selection of photos from the pre-conference seminar, the conference, Field Day, and Monday night conference dinner.
Mark your calendars now for the next conference. March 7 to 9, 2016, in Pattaya.
There was a planning visit this week at the Siam CC Waterside course to start setting out the test plots and planning the educational sessions for the 10 March 2015 Asian Turfgrass Field Day.
At the field day, we will be discussing many interesting things, trying to make it as exciting and as interactive as possible. With the invited speakers and special guests for the field day, we are planning to show:
- soil profiles, soil organic matter accumulation, and sand topdressing amounts to optimize soil and surface conditions
- divot size and recovery
- weed abundance in different species and weed development with and without control measures
- resistance of weeds to common herbicides
- growth rates of different grasses
- centipede grass introduction and demonstration
- individual nutrient effect on warm-season grasses
- and much more
After the morning field day, we will have a buffet lunch of delicious Thai food at the Siam CC Waterside clubhouse, before continuing to Laem Chabang International CC for the AGIF Turfgrass Management Exposition.
We are excited to share the details of the Sustainable Turfgrass Management in Asia 2015 conference, coming up on 9 to 11 March at Pattaya, Thailand.
The presentation handouts and slides from last week's Sustainable Turfgrass Management in Asia 2014 conference are now available to download. All materials from 2014 can be downloaded by clicking the links below, or on the Downloads page of this website, where presentations and handouts from the 2010 to 2013 conference are also available.
From John Sorochan
From Mohd Nizam Bin Othman
From Milt Engelke
From M. Fahmy
From Dominic Wall
From Koraphat Jayaphorn
From Micah Woods